Sunday, October 2, 2011

She's Closeted, I'm Out, She's Religious, I'm Not- Dealbreakers!

Yup, lovely lessies, it's that time. Time to discuss what you WILL NOT put up with in a relationship. That isn't to say one needs to be discriminatory, but one does need to have standards. So, I am gonna share my OMFG SUPER DUPER NO NO'S when it comes to dating, and I want you to do the same! 


Here goes! The first one, is, of course, RELIGION.
Now, dykes, anyone who knows me, or has read this blog, knows I have a painful past with organized religion and believe it to be harmful. But that doesn't mean I have not attempted to be open minded on this front. In fact, I once dated..yes...wait for it... a Fundamentalist Baptist.
I loved her enough to allow her to have crosses on our walls at home, and other religious relics, and, once, even use our apartment as a location for a prayer circle. 

But that wasn't enough. The beginning of the end was when she came home with a THREE-FOOT PLASTER JESUS



 which she erected in pride of position in our living room.I told her to get rid of it. She told me our home would be a House of the LORD. Of course that did it for me, and we broke up soon after. Since that debacle, my religion dealbreaker goes something like this:

Religion: Nothing organized or fundamentalist in nature. It is fine to believe in *something,* but you better be able to tell me why it matters to you. "It's the way I was raised," or "because [insert 'holy' document here] says so" doesn't even begin to cut it. Nor do claims of "second births" or "epiphanies." That will only make me question your sanity. 

Dealbreaker #2- Closets. 
Should be self explanatory enough. Keep your shame to yourself, I want no part of it. There are very few justifiable reasons for not coming out, and I won't kowtow to your bullshit after nearly 16 years of being Out and Proud.

Now, this next one usually gets me a lot of flack: KIDS.


Don't want 'em, don't wanna raise yours. Now, do not confuse this with my OMFG HATING BABIES!!! I do not hate children. I simply have no desire to be a mother. Simple enough. Parenthood isn't for everyone, and it most certainly is not for me.

Now, dykes, this last one is HUGE.

Absolutely, positively NO REPUBLICANS. Gay Republicans are fucking ridiculous. If you willfully associate with a party that actively works to deny you your basic human rights, you are an idiot, and I have no room in my life for idiots.

So, lesbos, those are my biggies. What are yours, and why? Tell me! 





No comments:

Post a Comment