I know, I know. Shocking right? Perhaps even angering. At this very moment, you might even be raising your hackles,
ready to defend one or more of your besties to the death. And that is a good thing
and that reaction definitely puts you into the good friend category. Never a bad thing.
That being said, your being a good friend, does not necessarily mean that your friends are good friends to you.
And this, queers, brings me to the topic of today's title:
These are the friends who are simply not a positive influence on your life, like it or not. They are terrible for your mental and emotional health. They evoke feelings of
Anxiety and Depression
or perhaps they even drive you to things like
They may even Drain Your Finances
because they have no job or are too immature to give up a few luxuries in order to keep a few bucks, and they take advantage of your better money- managing skills, and constantly use you for the
they have come to expect, or perhaps even feel entitled to.
Girly 'mos, y'all are all worldly and sophisticated women. You know this shit isn't good. That knowledge, however, does not always mean that we recognize these friendships for the toxic situations that they are. The good news is, though, that you have already, perhaps subconsciously, taken steps to
the friends in your life who exhibit these and other toxic characteristics. However, you might not recognize it on a conscious level, so I'm gonna help ya out. Answer these questions, honestly, 'moelles, and read and heed the forthcoming advice.
1. Do I constantly have a reason why I have no time for this person,whether it is true or not?
2. Do I return from the dates I do keep feeling wiped out?
3. Is this person a strain on other aspects of my life, such as finances, other friendships, and romantic relationships?
4. Does the friendship feel one- sided, as if I am constantly expected to listen to her problems, but little or no reciprocation in support for mine is offered?
5. Is this person's life a mess, while mine is moving forward?
6. Is this person a drag to be around, constantly complaining, but making little or no effort to improve her situation?
If you answered one or more of these questions in the affirmative, my homogays, chances are you are dealing with a psychic vampire. More than likely,how many "yes" answers you got is directly correlated to just how toxic this person is.
If you find you are dealing with a psychic vampire, be honest about your feelings. If she is a true friend, she will understand. If she doesn't, you're better off without her.