Thursday, February 23, 2012

Series: Dykin' It Up: Episode 6: A Different Kind of Dyke Relationship

Yup, you guessed it! Time for another series post, lovelies! This time, we are going to discuss...wait for it.. Open Relationships.


Uncomfortable subject for some, yes I know. However, I have done it before, so I am finding myself wondering...

WHY THE HELL DID IT SUDDENLY BECOME A DEAL BREAKER?

Then.. a light bulb went on.


Yup,lessies, I suddenly realized in a flash...

It doesn't need to be a deal breaker anymore. 

There is no reason for it. Back in the day, after trying this, I had OMFG TERRIBLE SELF ESTEEM because the relationship did not work out. I figured it was that old green- eyed monster rearing its ugly head.


But then, I realized it wasn't that at all. It was that I, and my primary partner at the time, were not mature enough to follow the rules. That was a long time ago, though, and things are different now. I am all grown up and confident and know what I want and that jazz. So, dykes, I present to you...

Shannon's Rules for the Successful Open Relationship!

1) NO MEN. 
There are many valid reasons for this, but, since we are dykes, chances are this would be a non issue anyway.

2)No Kissing On The Mouth


This is an easy way to make sure that the most intimate of expressions of affection is reserved just for the two of us. (after all, we gotta keep something that is just ours, right?)

3) ALWAYS USE PROTECTION!


This one is a no brainer, especially with the potential to fuck around with that many people. 

4) No Repeating Tricks


We get to have each one once, but that's it. Too much potential for feelings to develop otherwise.

5) No sharing our toys! 


Those remain between us. If you want to use toys with tricks, get some that we don't use together. While we are at it, no friends, relatives, or anyone we know..AWKWARD!!!

Well, that's about it, dykes! We CAN have healthy, loving open relationships if we just set down the guidelines first. In fact some of the most loving relationships I know of are open. Could it be that...wait for it..

MONOGAMY IS NEW.
Yup, you heard me right, dykes. Society tells us now that marriages and relationships are supposed to be monogamous, but it wasn't always that way. Here are just a few definitions of "marriage" that have been true over the years:


So, with all these different definitions over the course of history, why the hell should we stick to one? Sounds to me like the same shit the 'phobes say. I, for one, refuse to follow their rules. I've made my own, and hey, exploration is fun! So, whataya think, lesbos? Open or monogamous? I can go either way, myself, now, and what a freeing realization that is. Opens up a whole other world of dating (pun intended).












4 comments:

  1. I am definitely all about open relationships because there are so many amazing women in the world... I don't see myself limiting myself to just one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea now that I have gotten a clue lol. I think I was just scared, but then I wound up missing out on some amazing women because I refused to be open to the idea. Bad move, but I have now learned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an interesting concept. Still, I don't like to share lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, it isn't for everyone. But for those for whom it fits, it's great!

      Delete